Moscow Watch Factory)
production of clocks
1941, begin production of pocket watches
1941, factory evacuated to Chistopol
1944, return to Moscow
late 1940s begin production of 'Salyut' pocket watch and 'Pobeda'
late 1950s introduction of 'Slava' brand, originally for
1966, Sekonda brand established, including several Slava
1966, factory awarded the Order of the Workers' Red Banner
early 1970s first quartz analogue watch
1974, factory awarded the Order of the October Revolution
1992, end of USSR, factory becomes a joint stock company with
large government stake
1992, enters partnership with 1st Moscow Watch Factory to
create Gold Time watch company
1993, Sekonda stop sourcing watches from Russia
mid 1990s cease production of quartz movements
2003, attempted buy-out of factory site for redevelopment
Aside from the introduction of a new waterproof case design, very
little development seems to have occured in the last decade.
Slava continues to be a major producer for the domestic market.